Saturday, October 31, 2009

What I learned in this class


In this class I have learned the use of technology from the computer in ways that I did not know. I learned how to use different Microsoft applications such as power point and clip art. I learned the use of live text to create templates to create and complete my assignments. I learned how to create and do lesson plans with and on different templates. I learned how to create study sheets. I learned all of these applications and assignments with the use and the aide of technology through the computer.
In this class I also got the experience of learning through the use of visual aides from video clips off the Internet. Some of the knowledge I forgot about I got an opportunity to go back into my memory bank and recall some important names. I recalled famous philosophers that contributed and incorporated their knowledge and insight in the educational process. I learned how and what they said the applications that are used in knowledge, learning and the educational process today. I got the experience of learning about my own educational philosophy.
My most valuable experience was being forced to challenge myself in ways I have not been challenged in years. I was forced to compare my work to be graded and assessed based on different types of rubrics and not what my professor taught may or may not be a good assignment. I have been challenged to raise the bar, standards and expectations not to get a grade in class but to truly build my character. There is much that is expected and required of me to become an educator but the standards had to be set because one day I will be an instructor. There will be others in the school and the community depending on me to be the best so others can have a representation to model after. Or be the best teacher possible so I am able to give something positive to each person walking through that classroom door. That once they leave I would have known they truly learned and comprehended what I was teaching. To me EME 2040 has been a changing role, a standing up to the plate experience. I truly got to understand to whom much is given much is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment